Cosa Nostra Fashion Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cosa Nostra Fashion Group

Fashion Forum of Cosa Nostra Fashion Group

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
»  My New Floral Dress Bought Online
I once saw the natives EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 pm by loolybaker

» chow down during one of chicago’s best
I once saw the natives EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:39 am by gagajjyun

» combining modern infrastructure and traditional thai charm, khon kaen is poised to become one of thailand’s top business event’s destinations by tceb 5
I once saw the natives EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:25 am by gagajjyun

» boca raton driveway cleaning estimates announced by the pressure's on inc of south florida pressure 6
I once saw the natives EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:14 am by gagajjyun

» Our Magazine
I once saw the natives EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm by Admin

» Fashion Jewelry Necklaces
I once saw the natives EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 am by taniawalser

» stylish feroda hat
I once saw the natives EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 am by taniawalser

» Modern Dining Room Chairs
I once saw the natives EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:07 am by sofiazara

» Modern Furniture
I once saw the natives EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:05 am by sofiazara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

I once saw the natives

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I once saw the natives Empty I once saw the natives Tue May 24, 2011 4:25 am

afereew64

The soil seems very poor, consisting chiefly of decomposing clayey tiffany outlet shales, and the bare earth and rock is almost everywhere visible. The drought of the hot season is so severe that most of the streams dry up in the plains before they reach the sea every thing becomes burnt up, and Marc jacobs outlet the leaves of the larger trees tiffany and co fall as completely as in our winter. On the mountains from two to four thousand feet elevation there is a much moister atmosphere, so that potatoes and other European products can be grown all the year round. Besides ponies, almost the only exports of Timor are sandal-wood and beeswax. The sandal-wood (Santalum sp.
) is the produce of a small tree, which grows sparingly in the mountains of Timor and many of the other islands in the far East. The wood is of a fine yellow color, and possesses a well-known delightful fragrance which is wonderfully permanent. It is brought down to Delli in small logs, and is chiefly exported to China, where it is largely used to burn in the temples, and in the houses of the wealthy. The bees-wax is a still more important and valuable product, formed by the wild bees (Apis dorsata), which build huge honey-combs, suspended in the open air from the under side of the lofty branches of the highest trees.
These are of a semicircular form, and often three or four feet in diameter. I once saw the natives take a bees' nest, and a very Tiffany and co outlet interesting sight it was. In the valley where I used to collect insects I one day saw three or four Timorese men and boys under a high tree, and, looking up, saw on a very lofty horizontal Marc Jacobs branch three large bees' combs. The tree was straight and smooth-barked and without a branch, till at seventy or eighty feet tiffany outlet from the ground it gave out the limb which the bees had chosen for their home. As the men were evidently looking after the bees, I waited to watch their operations.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum